MANILA - Some areas in Pasig City were placed under a localized lockdown beginning Sunday due to the continuous rise of virus cases, its mayor Vico Sotto said.
The city government will provide food packs to residents of Pipino, Labanos, Okra, and Ubas Streets in Barangay Napico-Manggahan, Sotto said.
The lockdown will be in place until virus transmission risk decreases in the areas, according to the mayor.
"Alam ko pong makakaasa kami sa inyong kooperasyon," he said.
(We know we can depend on your cooperation.)
As of Saturday, the city has tallied 1,215 virus patients, of whom 628 recovered and 71 died.
The Philippines has so far reported 65,304 cases of COVID-19, with 22,067 recoveries and 1,773 deaths.