MANILA -- The Quezon City Police District (QCPD) announced Wednesday a traffic rerouting scheme for the closure of some roads on July 22 to give way to President Rodrigo Duterte's fourth State of the Nation Address.
Heavy traffic is expected in roads leading to and from the Batasang Pambansa Complex where the President is set to deliver his SONA, said QCPD chief Brig. Gen. Joselito Esquivel.
Illegally parked vehicles will be towed along the entire stretch of Commonwealth Avenue starting 12 a.m. on Monday, said the QCPD.
The following roads, it added, will be closed to traffic:
- Commonwealth Avenue northbound from Home Depot to Sandiganbayan U-turn slot
- IBP Road eastbound starting Filinvest 1 up to Sinagtala from 12 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Potentially the entire IBP Road starting 4 p.m.
- After the SONA at 6 p.m., only the westbound lane of IBP Road leading to Sandiganbayan underpass/tunnel shall be opened for VIPs exiting from Southgate HOR going to Commonwealth Avenue
- The westbound lane from Litex to HOR Southgate will remain closed until further notice.
Police urged the public to take the following alternate routes:
- Starting 6 a.m., motorists from QMC to Fairview should take the zipper lane at the island breaker in front of Home Depot U turn-slot and take inner lanes. The end and exit point of the Zipper Lane is at the island breaker of Sandiganbayan U-turn slot.
Motorists coming from Fairview to QMC should traverse the usual southbound route.
- From 2:30 p.m., light vehicles from QMC to Fairview may take North Avenue, turn right to Mindanao Avenue, turn right to Old Sauyo Road, turn left to Chestnut Street, turn right to Dahlia Street, turn left to Fairlane Street then exit to Commonwealth Avenue.
All light vehicles from Fairview to QMC may turn right to Fairlane Street, turn right to Dahlia Street, turn left to Chestnut Street, turn right to Old Sauyo Road, turn right to Mindanao Avenue, take U-turn at corner Quirino Highway to Mindanao Avenue, and left turn North Avenue to QMC.
Heavy vehicles should take Commonwealth Avenue.
They may also take a right turn to Regalado Avenue, right turn to Old Sauyo Road, turn right to Mindanao Avenue, take U-turn at Quirino Highway to Mindanao Avenue southbound, and left turn at North Avenue to QMC .
For vehicles along QMC, they may take right turn to North Avenue, right turn to Mindanao Avenue, and right turn to Old Sauyo Road or Quirino Highway.
- If the IBP is closed at 4 p.m, light vehicles should take alternate route from QMC to Filinvest 1 & 2, Barangay Bagong Silangan and some inner portions of Brgy. Batasan Hills shall take zipper lane at the island breaker in front of Home Depot U-turn slot and take inner lanes.
- Filinvest 1 motorists should have an agreement with Filinvest 2 in order to pass by their subdivision to reach the Batasan-San Mateo Road then enter Kagawad Street, right turn to Resolution Street, right turn to Senatorial Street, right turn to Sinagtala Street, left turn to Masbate or Cotabato Street, left turn to Filinvest 1 Road and enter gate of Filivest 1 subdivision.
- Light vehicles going to Filinvest 2, San Mateo Rizal and Marikina City may take alternate route from Commonwealth-Sandigan, turn right on Sinagtala Street, turn right on Senatorial Street, turn left on Resolution Street, left turn on Kagawad Road then right turn on Batasan San Mateo Road.