MANILA - There will be no classes in all levels in Quezon City on July 24, 2017, the day of President Rodrigo Duterte's second State of the Nation Address (SONA).
Quezon City Mayor Herber Bautista made the announcement on Facebook, saying the class suspension covers both public and private schools in the city.
The House of Representatives is already preparing security measures at the Batasang Pambansa for the President's Congressional address.
House Sergeant-At-Arms Roland Detabali said Quezon City Police District will deploy 6,000 policemen for the event.
Communications Secretary Martin Andanar said Duterte will deliver a "possibly longer but more meaningful" this time.
"Last year, wala pa tayong masyadong accomplishments kasi kakaupo lang ng pangulo. Ngayon marami na ang nagbenefit, posibleng mas mahaba ang sona this year," Andanar said.