The Quezon City Police District (QCPD) is looking into a string of bomb threats that hit restaurants in the city last week, its director Brig. Gen. Joselito Esquivel said Tuesday.
In a statement, Esquivel said they are coordinating with the Philippine National Police Anti-Cybercrime Group to identify the persons behind the bomb threats sent to the managers of 3 restaurants in the city last Friday.
The manager of Contis Bakeshop and Restaurant along Katipunan Avenue Extension, Barangay Blue Ridge A reportedly received a call from an unknown male caller at about 8:40 a.m.
The caller reportedly told the manager he was from Mindanao, asked for financial assistance, and boasted that they have blasted several establishments before.
The manager of Dapo Restaurant in Scout Tobias Street and owner of Half Saints Restaurant along Mother Ignacia Avenue — both located in Barangay South Triangle — allegedly received bomb threats on the same day.
The caller, police said, identified himself as Kumander Jaguar Sultan and demanded P50,000.00.
Esquivel called on the public to be vigilant in crowded areas and report suspicious persons to authorities.