MANILA - Ten Ninoy Aquino International Airport personnel who tested positive for COVID-19 have recovered from the illness, Manila International Airport Authority General Manager Ed Monreal said Monday.
The 10 personnel were among the 32 who tested positive for the virus, he said. The remaining 22 meanwhile are under quarantine.
"Out of the 32 po, 10 na po ang nakarecover. 'Yung natitira po ay kasalukuyang naka-quarantine at binabantayan at inaasikaso ng ating pamunuan," Monreal said in a virtual press briefing.
He added there is no need to lock down the airport as he assured the public there are enough health and safety protocols in place.
"Tuloy-tuloy din po ang aming pag-disinfect ng ating paliparan," he said.
(We continuously disinfect our airport.)
More people are expected to flock to the airports after the Philippines last week lifted its travel ban for Filipinos planning to go abroad, including for tourism-related reasons.
On July 12, the country reported 2,124 new COVID-19 cases bringing the total number of infections to 56,259. This includes 1, 534 deaths and 16,046 recoveries.