PNP chief says no order from Duterte to kill persons of interest in Bulacan massacre
Vigilantes may be behind the recent killings of two "persons of interests" in the Bulacan massacre, Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Ronald dela Rosa said on Wednesday.
He said it is possible the killers were outraged over the massacre.
"Somebody who is aggrieved, somebody who is galit na galit sa ginagawa nila, that could be somebody, hindi natin masabi kung sino ang mga tao na 'yan. Kaya nga papaimbestigahan natin sa pulis," Dela Rosa said.
On Wednesday, Roosebelt Sorima, alias "Ponga," was found lifeless inside his home in San Jose Del Monte, Bulacan. Armed men allegedly forced themselves inside his home and shot him.
Another person of interest, Ronaldo Pacinos, alias "Inggo," was found dead by authorities on Tuesday. Pacinos' 4 fingers were mutilated and his body bore multiple stab wounds.
The two men were persons of interest in the murder last week of Estrella Carlos; her kids aged 1, 5 and 11; and her mother Auring. The bloodied remains of the family were found by Estrella's husband, Dexter Carlos Sr.
"Most likely [vigilante]. Malaman natin yan kapag nahuli, pag, na-establish kung sino," Dela Rosa said.
The PNP chief also clarified that there were no instructions from President Duterte to kill the persons of interest.
"Hindi siya (Duterte) nag-order na dukutin, patayin at itapon ang mga tao na 'yon, hindi naman trabaho 'yon ng pulis," Dela Rosa said.
Duterte on Tuesday said he heard the reports of Pacinos' death and said "there will be many more to come" as he vowed justice for victims of the massacre.
"Wala naman siya (Duterte) inutusan in particular kung sino, wala naman siyang sinabi na, 'Ikaw Bato, patayin mo 'yan.' Wala naman siyang sinabing ganon di ba? Out of his dismay sa sitwasyon, galit na galit siya sa mga tao na yon na gumawa ng krimen," Dela Rosa added.
The PNP is set to investigate the killings of Sorima and Pacinos.