Some roads in Manila will be temporarily closed on Sunday, as Francisco "Isko" Moreno takes oath as the city's new mayor.
The advisory was announced by the Manila Police District (MPD).
Starting 7:30 a.m., the following roads will be closed:
- Westbound lane of P. Burgos from Finance Road until Taft Avenue
- Northbound lane of Taft Ave. from Ayala Boulevard until N.A. Lopez.
Motorists are advised by the MPD to take the following routes to avoid heavy traffic:
- Vehicles coming from Roxas Blvd. and Bonifacio Drive using eastbound lane of P. Burgos must go straight to Finance Rd. cross Taft Ave. going to Ayala Blvd. to point of destination.
- Vehicles using northbound lane of Ma. Orosa going to P. Burgos must turn right to Finance Rd. to point of destination.
- Vehicles using northbound lane of Taft Ave. going to Quiapo area must turn right to Ayala Blvd. to point of destination.
- Vehicles using westbound lane of Finance Road going to Quiapo area must turn left to P. Burgos, right to Bonifacio Drive, right to A. Soriano, right to Magallanes Drive to point of destination.