MANILA – The Department of Education said Monday that online application for the Senior High School (SHS) Voucher Program has started.
The program, administered by the Private Education Assistance Committee, provides financial assistance to qualified SHS students in participating private and non-DepEd public schools.
The Online Voucher Application Portal, which can be accessed here, opened Monday noon.
The DepEd said learners in the following categories need to apply for vouchers:
• All Grade 10 completers in private schools in School Year 2019-2020 who are not Educational Service Contracting (ESC) grantees
• All Grade 10 completers who completed Grade 10 prior to SY 2019-2020 but not earlier than 2016 and had not previously enrolled for Grade 11
• Learners who had passed the Alternative Learning System (ALS) A&E Test for Grade 10 not earlier than 2016, and had not previously enrolled for Grade 11 or will take the ALS A&E Test in SY 2020-2021
• Learners who passed the Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT) for Grade 10 not earlier than 2016 and had not previously enrolled for Grade 11 or will take the PEPT in SY 2020-2021
The DepEd noted that the following do not need to apply for vouchers as they are automatically qualified to receive the subsidy:
• All Grade 10 completers in DepEd public schools
• All Grade 10 completers in state universities and colleges, and local universities and colleges
• All Grade 10 completers in private schools who are Educational Service Contracting grantees
Application period will run until July 24, and the results will be posted on August 14, DepEd said.