MANILA -- (UPDATED) A magnitude 5.2 earthquake struck Zambales province late Sunday afternoon, the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) said.
The tremor hit at 5:46 p.m., some 57 kilometers southwest of San Felipe town.
It was tectonic in origin and had a depth of 18 kilometers.
The tremor was felt in the following areas:
• Intensity IV - San Felipe, Zambales
• Intensity III- Cainta, Rizal
• Intensity II - Quezon City, Pasay City, Pasig City, Mandaluyong City
• Intensity II - Olongapo City, Guagua, Pampanga; Marikina City
• Intensity I - Muntinlupa City, Pasig City, Tagaytay City
The tremor is forecast to trigger aftershocks but is not expected to cause any damage.