MANILA - Senate Housing Committee chair JV Ejercito on Thursday slammed urban poor group Kadamay for attempting to occupy another housing project intended for soldiers and police officers.
"Sobra na ito. Anarchy. 'Di na dapat palampasin dahil hindi ito nakakatulong sa sitwasyon at problema sa programang pabahay," Ejercito said in a statement.
(This is too much. Anarchy. This should not be brushed aside because it doesn't help the situation and problems in housing programs.)
Some 500 Kadamay members illegally occupied housing units in Rodriguez, Rizal Wednesday, over a year after the same group stormed into a housing village in Pandi, Bulacan.
"Hindi na puwede gamitin ang rason na sila ay mahihirap at napapabayaan. Mahihirap din ang kanilang pineperwisyo na nakatira sa mga pabahay ngunit responsableng nagsisikap at nagbabayad sa NHA (National Housing Authority) o Pag-IBIG (Home Development Mutual Fund)," Ejercito said.
(They cannot use poverty as an excuse. They are pestering other poor people who own those houses and who are responsible enough to toil and pay their dues with the NHA or Pag-IBIG.)
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said the Palace would not tolerate the takeover nor exercise the same leniency extended to the illegal occupants last year.
President Rodrigo Duterte has ordered the police that Kadamay should not be allowed to take over housing units intended for government troops, Roque said.
The President already asserted that Kadamay’s takeover of housing units in Bulacan last year should be “the first and the last” for the group, he added.