The Food and Drug Administration on Tuesday advised the public to be vigilant against the sale of counterfeit versions of some international and local cosmetic products.
In a series of advisories published on their Facebook page, the regulator warned against counterfeit versions of the following cosmetic products, most of which are made in locally or in other Asian countries such as Korea or China:
- 3W Clinic's Fresh Lemon and Fresh Aloe Mask Sheet
- RDL Babyface Whitening Night Cream 5 in 1
- RDL Face Off Fade-Out Cream Day Cream
- Maybelline New York The Magnum Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara
- M·N® Menow Generation-II Long Lasting Lip Gloss (Variant 34)
FDA said they were able to confirm the veracity of the products upon verifying with the brands' respective distributors, traders, and retailers.
Such use of allegedly substandard cosmetic products, FDA said, may result in adverse effects to the skin and other parts of the body.
FDA also warned establishments against selling the said products as "regulatory actions and sanctions shall be strictly pursued."