Several portions of EDSA, C5 and other major thoroughfares in Quezon City have been closed to traffic for road repairs, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) announced on its social media accounts.
The closures will be in effect until Monday.
"Advisory: DPWH will undertake road reblocking and repairs starting 11 p.m. May 19 until May 22, at the following areas," MMDA's post read.
The city authority advised motorists to avoid the following routes:
- Mindanao Avenue, Quezon City (from Old Sauyo Road to Mindanao Tunnel)
- Commonwealth Avenue, Quezon City (from Litex Road to Doña Carmen)
- Commonwealth Avenue, Quezon City (from Luzon Avenue to Tandang Sora Avenue)
- Quirino Highway, Quezon City (from Bernardino Street to T. Urbano)
- EDSA (from JASMS to Times Street, Quezon City)
- C5 (before Lanuza, Pasig)