Quezon City logs 110 recoveries from COVID-19 in a day

ABS-CBN News

Posted at May 19 2020 02:50 AM | Updated as of May 19 2020 03:19 AM

Quezon City logs 110 recoveries from COVID-19 in a day 1
Workers cross the footbridge at the Congressional Avenue corner EDSA in Quezon City on the first working day of the modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) on May 18, 2020. George Calvelo, ABS-CBN News

MANILA - The Quezon City government said Monday 110 patients have recovered from the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), even as the total number of cases increased to 1,832.

The number of COVID-19 patients who recovered has reached 576.

The city government also recorded 14 new deaths related to COVID-19, bringing the total to 161.

Of the total number of cases, 1,663 have addresses in the city while 1,484 were validated by the QC Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit and District Health Offices, it added.

The local government unit said that there are only 747 active cases in the city.

Barangay Batasan Hills still has the highest number of COVID-19 cases with 81, followed by Bahay Toro with 56, and Matandang Balara and Pasong Tamo which remained with 49 cases each.

Among the six districts in the city, District 4 still has the most number of cases with 386.

The 14-day special concern lockdown is still up in barangays Bahay Toro, Culiat, Sauyo, Batasan Hills, and Tatalon since Wednesday due to the high rate of cases of the disease in the said areas.

Thirty-four barangays are still under extreme enhanced community quarantine in an effort to contain the virus.

Metro Manila and other areas shifted to a modified lockdown until the end of the month while the rest of the country will have fewer restrictions as the enhanced community quarantine lapsed Friday.

The Philippines now has 12,718 cases, with 831 fatalities and 2,729 recoveries so far.