MANILA - Severe tropical storm Ambo maintained its strength as it moved towards Bulacan Friday night, state weather bureau PAGASA said.
The tropical cyclone made its 7th landfall in Real, Quezon at 5 p.m. and was last seen near General Nakar, Quezon at 7 p.m.
Moving northwest at a speed of 20 kilometers per hour (kph), Ambo is packing 100 kph winds and 80 kph gusts.
Ambo will continue dumping moderate to heavy with at times intense rains over Metro Manila, Calabarzon, Aurora, Bulacan, Pampanga, Nueva Ecija, Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya, Quirino, Occidental Mindoro, and Marinduque Friday night, PAGASA said.
Tropical cyclone wind signals remained hoisted over the following areas:
Signal number 2, where wind speeds of 61 to 120 kph may be experienced within 24 hours:
- Ilocos Norte
- Ilocos Sur
- Mountain Province
- La Union
- Nueva Vizcaya
- Nueva Ecija
- Eastern portion of Pangasinan (San Nicolas, Natividad, San Quintin, Umingan, Balungao, Sta. Maria, Tayug, Asingan, San Manuel, Binalonan, Laoac, Urdaneta, Villasis, Rosales, Sto. Tomas, Alcala, Bautista, Bayambang, Urbiztondo, Basista, Malasiqui, Sta. Barbara, Manaoag, Mapandan, San Jacinto, San Fabian, Pozorrubio, Sison, Mangaldan, Dagupan, Calasiao, Binmaley, Lingayen, Bugallon, Aguilar, San Carlos, Mangatarem)
- Metro Manila
- Northern and central portion Quezon (General Nakar, Infanta, Real, Mauban, Sampaloc. Lucban, Tayabas, Sariaya, Candelaria, Dolores, Tiaong, San Antonio, Lucena, Pagbilao, Atimonan, Padre Burgos, Agdangan, Plaridel, Unisan, Gumaca, Pitogo, Macallelon, General Luna, Catanauan, Lopez, Buenavista, Guinayangan, Calauag, Tagkayawan, Perez, Alabat, Quezon)
- Polillo Islands
- Southern and western portion of Isabela (Quezon, Mallig, Roxas, Quirino, San Manuel, Burgos, Gamu, Reina Mercedes, Aurora, Luna Cabatuan, Naguilian, Benito Soliven, Cauayan, San Guillermo, Dinapigue, San Mateo, Alicia, Angadanan, Ramon, San Isidro, Echague, Jones, San Agustin, Santiago, Cordon)
Signal number 1, where wind speeds of 30 to 60 kph may be experienced within 36 hours:
- Cagayan including Babuyan Islands
- Rest of Isabela
- Rest of Quezon
- Camarines Norte
- Northwestern portion of Camarines Sur (Del Gallego, Ragay, Lupi, Sipocot)
Ambo, the first tropical cyclone to hit the country this year, first made landfall over San Policarpo, Eastern Samar. It later hit Dalupiri Island, Northern Samar; Capul Island, Northern Samar; Ticao Island, Masbate; Burias Island, Masbate; and San Andres, Quezon.
Visit the ABS-CBN Weather Center for the latest weather updates.