President Rodrigo Duterte's net worth grew by over P3 million in his first six months as president, according to his latest statement of assets, liabilities and networth as of end 2016.
According to his latest SALN, the President declared total assets less total liabilities of P27,428,862.44 as of end-2016, or an increase of over P3.3 million (14 percent) from the P24,080,094.04 he declared in June 2016.
Duterte's total assets was at P28,428,862.44 million as of the end of 2016. However, he also declared total liabilities of P1 million due to a personal loan from Samuel Uy.
The increase in the President's net worth is also partly due to the decrease in his liabilities. His personal loan from Uy decreased by P100,000 making his liabilities down to P1 million from P1.1 million.
He was among the first officials whose SALN was available at the Office of the Ombudsman.
It was marked received by the Office of the Ombudsman on April 26, four days before the April 30 deadline for filing SALNs, as required by Republic Act 6713, or the Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees.
The President's 2016 Statement of Election Contributions and Expenditures also listed Uy as one of his contributors who donated P30 million to his 2016 presidential bid.
Duterte's cash on hand/in bank was at P18,453,862.44 as of December 31, 2016. This is P3.1 million higher than the P15,305,094.04 cash on hand he declared in June 2016.
Duterte declared ownership of several properties in Davao City as well as two cars, a Volks Sedan acquired in 1978 and a Toyota Rav 4 in 1996.
Of the total real properties in Duterte’s Dec. 31, 2016 SALN, P3.1 million worth of properties are under his minor daughter Veronica Duterte’s name. The amount was also unchanged from his June 30, 2016 SALN.
He also listed 7 relatives in government service including:
- Sara Duterte Carpio (daughter) - Mayor of Davao City
- Paolo Duterte (son) - Vice Mayor of Davao City
- January Duterte (daughter-in-law) - City councilor/Barangay captain in Davao City
- Benjamin Duterte (brother) - Private Secretary, City Mayor's Office
- Wilfrido Villarica (nephew) - Administrative Office, Davao City Sangguniang Panlungsod
- Jean Villarica (wife of Wilfrido) - Auxiliary worker, CENRO, Davao City
- Agnes Reyes Carpio (balae) - Justice, Court of Appeals
- Palace, Senate: Multi-millionaires' club of 2017
--with a report from the ABS-CBN Investigative and Research Group