MANILA – A graduate of the Ateneo de Manila University topped the roster of 1,800 who passed the 2018 bar exams.
The Supreme Court said Friday that 22.07 percent of some 8,155 candidates passed the tough exams, lower than last year’s 25.5 percent.
Sean James Borja of the Ateneo topped the exams, among three from the same school in the top 10.
Below is the list of examinees who garnered the 10 highest ratings:
1. BORJA, Sean James B. - Ateneo de Manila University
2. NATU-EL, Marcley Augustus D.- University of San Carlos
3. BADAYOS, Mark Lawrence C. - University of San Carlos
4. FORDAN, Daniel John A.- Ateneo de Manila University
5. GAW, Katrina Monica C.- Ateneo de Manila University
6. TONGCO, Nadaine P.- University of the Philippines
7. SEVILLA, Patricia O.- University of the Philippines
8. TING, Kathrine T.- De La Salle University
9. CANE, Jebb Lynus Q.- University of San Carlos
10. PITA, Alen Joel R.0 University of San Carlos
The 2018 Bar exams were held at the University of Santo Tomas (UST) for four Sundays in November.
The exams covered various subjects, including Political Law, Labor Law, Civil Law, Taxation, Mercantile Law, Criminal Law, Remedial Law and Legal and Judicial Ethics.
-- report from Mike Navallo, ABS-CBN News