MANILA - Vice President Leni Robredo on Tuesday said her donation drive for the COVID-19 pandemic was down to its last 3 days after raising some P57.2 million so far.
The Office of the Vice President will only accept donations until April 30, 12 p.m. because the government already allocated funds to contain the disease, while procurement and distribution protocols are shaping up, she said.
Robredo said her office so far raised P57.23 million in OVP funds and donations for the following efforts, among others:
- 12 dormitories for health workers;
- free shuttle rides for 11,400 health workers from March 1 to April 14;
- extraction kits for 12,750 samples;
- 10,000 test kits that the University of the Philippines developed;
- 129,000 sets of safety gear for frontliners;
- 15,000 food and care packs; and
- P6.8 million worth of food for hospitals, checkpoint enforcers and communities.
"Sa mga nagbigay ng donasyon at iba pang tulong, maraming, maraming salamat sa inyo. Umabot ang ambag ninyo mula Batanes hanggang Tawi-Tawi," the Vice President said.
"Sa panahong ganito, mapapatunayan natin: bitbit ng Pilipino ang kapwa Pilipino. Wala sa ating nag-iisa," she added.
(To everyone who donated and helped, thank you very much. Your contribution reached those in need from Batanes to Tawi-Tawi. In times like this, we prove: Filipinos carry their fellow Filipinos. No one is alone.)