DOH: COVID-19 cases in Quezon City now at 1,072

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Apr 23 2020 12:27 AM | Updated as of Apr 23 2020 06:20 AM

MANILA - The number of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases in Quezon City has climbed to 1,072, the city government said Wednesday, citing Department of Health (DOH) data.

In a bulletin released 11 p.m., the city government said 112 patients have recovered from the disease, while the number of fatalities is at 101.

The number of COVID-19 cases with complete addresses in Quezon City is now at 913, the city government added.

Of this number, the QC Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit has validated 763 cases so far.

There are also 550 active COVID-19 cases in the city.

Barangay Batasan Hills still has the most COVID-19 cases with 47, followed by Matandang Balara with 32, and Culiat at 30.

Meanwhile, District 4 has the most COVID-19 cases among the city's 6 districts, with 191.

The city government has placed 34 barangays under "extreme enhanced community quarantine" due to the number of COVID-19 cases in the areas.

Metro Manila and the entire Luzon, home to more than 50 million people, is under lockdown until April 30 to halt the contagion.

As of Wednesday, the country has a total of 6,710 confirmed COVID-19 cases, with 446 deaths and 693 recoveries.