Duterte wants remaining terrorists in Bohol dead

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Apr 23 2017 07:51 PM

President Rodrigo Duterte. Gigie Cruz, ABS-CBN News

MANILA -- President Rodrigo Duterte on Sunday said he has ordered the military to kill the remaining terrorists who are still hiding in Bohol.

Speaking during the opening ceremony of the Palarong Pambansa 2017, Duterte slammed terrorists as "animals" and said he wants them dead.

"I want them dead. Huwag niyong ibigay sa akin nang buhay," he said.

"Terrorists slit throats. They are animals. But if you want me to be an animal, eh sanay rin ako diyan," he said.

Four Abu Sayyaf fighters, including Joselito Melloria, alias Abu Alih, were killed by the military on Saturday in the town of Clarin in Bohol. 

Abu Sayyaf members clashed with government troops in Bohol last April 11, leaving at least 10 people dead including 3 soldiers and 1 policeman. 

On Sunday, the military said it is still hunting down three Abu Sayyaf members who escaped Saturday's gunfight. 

Duterte also warned terrorists that he can be "50 times more of an animal" than them.

"Bigyan mo ako suka at asin kainin ko atay niyan," he said.

The President previously said that civilians in Bohol can take up arms and go after terrorists. 

“My order is: to the police and the lahat, and even civilians interested to fight and kill, ang order ko is dead or alive,” Duterte previously told reporters in Bohol.

He also offered a P1-million bounty for each of the bandits who are still on the loose.