The Quezon City government late Tuesday said the total number of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases in the city has reached 941, according to the Department of Health (DOH).
The number of COVID-19 cases with complete addresses in Quezon City is now at 786, the city government added.
Of this number, the QC Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit has validated 634 cases so far.
Fiftteen new fatalities were recorded, bringing the total of coronavirus-related deaths in the city at 75, while 6 new recoveries were reported, bringing the total to 70.
Thirty-one barangays in the city have been placed under extreme enhanced community quarantine.
Meanwhile, the city government also reported that the HOPE 1 quarantine facility it has established is now at full capacity with 34 confirmed cases and 6 probable cases.
Its HOPE 2 facilities have 203 beds per room. Those who have been tested in the city's community-based testing are brought in HOPE 2 for self isolation while waiting for results.
The city's Fresh Market on Wheels project has also rolled out to 11 barangays. The project supports local vegetable vendors while the Fresh Market Pop-Up sources its vegetable supply from partner farmers in Pangasinan.
The Fresh Market on Wheels will travel to barangays Camp Aguinaldo, Kalusugan, Lourdes, Pasong Tamo, Central, Baesa, Culiat, Bahay Toro, Dona Aurora, Bagong Silangan, Matandang Balara, Teachers Village West, Pinyahan and Manresa on Wednesday.
A total of 14,400 tricycle and taxi drivers have received financial aid under the Kalingang QC program, the local government said. The program aims to help tricycle and jeepney drivers, market vendors, solo parents and persons with disabilities whose livelihoods have been affected by the enhanced community quarantine.
Menwhile, 119 individuals in Barangay Krus na Ligas were apprehended for violating extreme community quarantine regulations and for not wearing face masks.
Mayor Joy Belmonte also issued protocols to guide 14 government- run hospitals based in the city to coordinate the handling of deaths related to the coronavirus.
She urged hospitals to follow the 12-hour period for cremation of the cadaver as provided under the Department of Health guidelines.