Military officials on Thursday scoured the fields of Barangay Napo in Inabanga, Bohol for bodies and remnants of the firefight that ensued between government forces and members of the bandit Abu Sayyaf group earlier this week.
High-powered firearms and pocket Qurans were among items recovered from the remains of the Abu Sayyaf who were killed in Sitio Ilaya.
Commanders of the AFP Central Command, 3rd Infantry Division, Naval Forces Central, and 302nd Brigade are expected to do more inspections at the encounter site.
The Philippine National Police Scene of the Crime Operatives (SOCO) was instructed to process the area to aid investigations, Armed Forces chief of staff Eduardo Año earlier said in a press conference.
Eleven Abu Sayyaf members arrived in Bohol from Mindanao on Tuesday to carry out kidnapping plans during the Holy Week, it was thwarted by the government after residents reported sightings of the suspicious men.
Five Abu Sayyaf men were killed in the firefight, and government forces are still "tracking" 6 others, Año said.
On Thursday night, Inabanga villagers were evacuated anew following reports that the remaining Abu Sayyaf men were going house-to-house looking for food.