Interior secretary Año now tests negative for COVID-19

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Apr 13 2020 09:16 PM

Interior and Local Government Secretary Eduardo Año on Monday said he has tested negative for COVID-19, more than 2 weeks after catching the respiratory disease.

According to Año, he was tested last April 8, and the result released Monday showed he is negative for the disease.

He added he will continue his self-quarantine and will take another test.

Año is the first member of President Rodrigo Duterte's Cabinet infected with COVID-19.
 
Duterte also tested negative for COVID-19 and had not developed symptoms, Presidential Spokesman Salvador Panelo said last week. The 75-year-old President completed a 2-week quarantine last Tuesday. 

The Philippines as of Monday confirmed 4,932 cases of the disease, with 315 deaths and 242 patients who recovered. 

All households in Luzon, home to half of the Philippines' 100-million population, are under quarantine until April 30 to stop the pandemic. 

- report from Arra Perez, ABS-CBN News