The Quezon City government late Monday said it has recorded 27 new cases of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the city, raising the total to 140 so far.
The new cases were recorded in barangays Bahay Toro, San Isidro Labrador, Sto. Domingo, Batasan Hills, Matandang Balara, Pansol, Silangan, Bagong Lipunan ng Crame, Kamuning, Kaunlaran, Pinagkaisahan, Pinyahan, San Isidro Galas, Tatalon, Teachers Village West, UP Campus, Bagbag, Fairview, Culiat, Talipapa, and Tandang Sora.
The city government also recorded 7 new COVID-19 fatalities, bringing the total to 26, while the number of recoveries is now at 10.
The number of persons under investigation reached 70 while cases of persons under monitoring is at 367.
Eighteen barangays in the city have been placed under extreme enhanced community quarantine.
In an effort to contain the virus, decontamination efforts are ongoing in different barangays, city officials said.
As of Friday, a total of 396 locations in 134 barangays were disinfected.
Officials have also distributed 929,000 food packs to poor families across the city.
President Rodrigo Duterte has placed the country under a state of public health emergency because of the COVID-19 global pandemic.
The health department tallied on Monday 1,546 total cases of COVID-19 in the country so far, with 78 fatalities and 42 recoveries.