MANILA - Former Sen. Jinggoy Estrada said Saturday he would "most probably" run in next year's mid-term elections to reclaim his Senate seat.
Estrada was released on bail in September last year for plunder and graft charges, which stemmed from alleged misuse of his discretionary funds or "pork barrel."
"I'm still keeping my options open in the upcoming elections but I am inclined to run in the next elections," Estrada told ANC.
Asked if he would run for senator, Estrada said: "most probably."
Estrada and fellow senator Ramon "Bong" Revilla Jr were jailed in 2014 over allegations they funneled congressional funds to bogus projects, allegedly with help from businesswoman Janet Lim-Napoles.
In an interview with ANC last September, Estrada said a successful Senate bid in 2019 would serve as a "vindication" from politically-motivated charges.
Estrada did not mention if he would campaign alongside his half-brother, incumbent senator JV Ejercito, who is also seeking re-election.
Last week, Ejercito said he and 4 other re-electionist senators were in talks with Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte to see if they could run under the regional party formed by the president's daughter.
In February, Ejercito said it would be difficult to campaign alongside his brother as he backed the anti-dynasty provision in the Sangguniang Kabataan reform law.