MANILA - The missing 20-year-old dad who was allegedly abducted in Quezon City has been found dead according to his family.
Renzo Lopez, who was last seen in March 14, along IBP Road, Batasan Hills, is now in a funeral parlor in Barangay 178 in Camarin, Caloocan City.
His mother, Rosario Lopez, said her family found Renzo's remains today after searching several funeral parlors.
Renzo was found with several gunshots and was still wearing the same clothes that he was wearing when he was last seen, said Rosario.
"Hindi ko na alam talaga bakit nangyari ito. Tinatatagan ko na lang talaga ang loob ko," Rosario told ABS-CBN News in a phone interview.
(I don't know why this happened. I am just trying to stay strong.)
Renzo was wearing shorts and a shirt with red stripes when he went missing last March 14.
The Lopez family even set up a Facebook Page, "Help us Find Renzo," for those who may have relevant information on the case.
Kate Olili, Renzo's partner, previously told ABS-CBN News that bystanders said they saw Renzo forced by men with short firearms and wearing bonnets into a gray or dirty-white van that had no license plate.
Rosario added that they were able to recognize Renzo because of a birthmark near his left eyebrow and a mole near the nose.
She said the funeral parlor told her that Renzo's body was brought there last March 15, or a day after he went missing.
It is still not clear how Renzo's body was brought to the funeral parlor.
Police allegedly found Renzo dead near trash bins along Quirino Highway, according to Rosario.
PO3 Arnel Obispo of the Barugo Police Station in Caloocan told ABS-CBN News that they referred the Lopez family to nearby funeral parlors but clarified that their men were not the ones who found Renzo last March 15.
ABS-CBN News tried to get a statement from the funeral parlor but they refused to comment on the matter.
The Quezon City Police District earlier dismissed insinuations that Renzo's abduction was drug-related and said that the incident seemed to be a case of mistaken identity.