MANILA - A magnitude 5.6 quake struck Sarangani at 7:07 a.m. Saturday, Phivolcs said.
The quake's epicenter was reported at 10 kilometers northeast of the town of Alabel.
It was tectonic in origin and had a depth of 96 kms.
The following intensities were reported:
- Intensity V - Koronadal City; Malungon, Sarangani
- Intensity IV - Alabel, Malapatan and Kiamba, Sarangani; General Santos City and Tupi, South Cotabato
- Intensity III - Davao City; Glan, Sarangani; Tacurong City, Sultan Kudarat
- Intensity II - Kidapawan City; Makilala and Magpet, North Cotabato
- Intensity I - Cagayan De Oro City
Phivolcs also reported the following instrumental intensities:
- Intensity V - Alabel, Sarangani; General Santos City, South Cotabato
- Intensity IV - Kiamba, Saranggani
- Intensity III - T'Boli, South Cotabato; Davao City
- Intensity II - Kidapawan City
- Intensity I - Zamboanga City
Damage is not expected but aftershocks may occur, said Phivolcs.