Cavite confirms 2nd COVID-19 case

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Mar 15 2020 10:22 AM

MANILA - The province of Cavite on Sunday confirmed its second case of COVID-19, an "apparent case of community transmission," its governor said.

The patient, a medical practitioner, is confined in a private hospital in Silang town, Governor Jonvic Remulla, Jr. said. 

It is not immediately known if the case is among the total of 111 disclosed by the Department of Health on Saturday.

"COVID is here in Cavite. The possibilities of community transmission (are) very high. Please stay at home as much as possible," he said in a Facebook post.

Remulla, meanwhile, told travelers from Metro Manila to bring their necessary documents following the capital region's month-long community quarantine.

"Be prepared for possible extreme delays getting in and out of the city," he said.

The Philippines, which has declared a state of public health emergency over the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), has so far recorded 8 fatalities from the 111 COVID-19 cases.