A women’s rights activist and the wife of a political ally, along with several others, were appointed by President Rodrigo Duterte to government posts.
Their appointment papers, dated in February, were presented to media on Tuesday, a day after those of furniture designer Kenneth Cobonpue and 20 others were shown.
Lourdesita Sobrevega-Chan will be serving a 3-year term as the Philippines' women's rights representative to the Association of Southeast Asian Nations’ (ASEAN) Commission on the Promotion and Protection of the Rights of Women and Children.
She was chairperson of Ateneo de Davao’s research council, and a member of the Forum of Women for Action with Rody Duterte (ForwaRD Women), a women’s group formed last year to support Duterte’s presidential bid.
Aside from Chan, Duterte appointed the wife of his political ally lawyer Raul Lambino to serve as a member of John Hay Management Corp.’s board of directors. Mary Marilyn Lambino will serve the rest of the term of Alexander Bangsoy.
Duterte also promoted 6 police officers to a higher rank, as recommended by the National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM).
To the rank of Police Chief Superintendent:
S/Supt. Albertlito Salvador Garcia
S/Supt. Fausto Villegas Manzanilla Jr.
S/Supt. Noli Andrade Romana
To the rank of Police Senior Superintendent:
Supt. Jay Reyes Cumigad
Supt. Paul Kenneth Tuhay Lucas
Supt. Jerry Rumbaoa Bartolome
The other appointees are as follows:
1. Vera Joy Sadlan Ban-eg as Deputy Executive Director, Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping Office, Maritime Industry Authority, Department of Transportation
2. Tina Rose Marie Canda as Undersecretary of the Department of Budget and Management (DBM)
3. Sharon Pornillosa-Almanza as Deputy Treasurer of the Philippines, Bureau of the Treasury, Department of Finance (DOF)
4. Ruth Joy Guinid-Lunag as Director IV (SG 28), Internal Audit Office, Office of the President (OP)
5. Rita May Tagalog as Member representing Visayas, Teacher Education Council, Department of Education (DepEd)
6. Patricia Dalmas as Member representing the Education and Training Institutions, Technical Education and Skills Development Authority Board (TESDA)
7. Norma Abelgas as Director II, Bureau of the Treasury, DOF
8. Myrna Libutaque, Member representing Mathematics Teachers, Teacher Education Council, DepEd
9. Monica Calimbas as Director IV, Office of the Appointments Secretary, OP
10. Lynn Seares as Director IV (SG 28), Internal Audit Office, OP
11. Lourdes Baetiong as Member representing Language Teachers, Teacher Education Council, DepEd
12. Lorina Calingasan as Member representing Social Studies Teachers, TEC, DepEd
--with reports from Dexter Ganibe, DZMM