Furniture designer Kenneth Cobonpue has been appointed as co-chairperson of the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) Regional Development Council - Region VII.
Cobonpue's appointment letter, dated February 28, was presented to the press Monday.
Twenty others were appointed to different government positions. Taguig Mayor Laarni Cayetano was appointed as member of the Legislative-Executive Development Advisory Council (LEDAC), representing local government units.
National Youth Commission chairperson Aiza Seguerra was also appointed as LEDAC member representing the youth sector.
Acmad Rizaldy Moti was also appointed as Pag-IBIG Fund officer-in-chief following the resignation of CEO Darlene Berberabe.
The other appointees are as follows:
1. Baguio City Mayor Mauricio Domogan as chairperson of the NEDA Regional Development Council - Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR)
2. Jose P. de Jesus as member of the Board of Directors, Clark Development Corporation
3. Eleazar Diaz as executive director of Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA)
4. Jorge Estanislao as member of Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA) Board of Directors, representing Morong, Bataan
5. Julius Escalona as member of SBMA Board of Directors, representing Hermosa, Bataan
6. C'zar Mojado Sulaik as deputy administrator of National Irrigation Administration (NIA)
7. Patricia Yvette Malabanan Ocampo as member of Nayong Pilipino Foundation Board of Trustees
8. Rico Sarcena Pableo Jr. as executive director of National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA)
9. Jose Antonio Goitia as executive director of Pasig River Rehabilitation Commission
10. Jay Daniel Santiago as member of the Board of Directors, Philippine Ports Authority
11. Marvin Ted Macapagal as representative of the national government in the Board of Directors, SBMA
12. Alvin Robles Reyes as member of the Board of Trustees, Asian Productivity Organization (APO) Production Unit, Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO)
13. Jose David Lapuz as Presidential Consultant for Education and International Organization, Office of the President
14. Rogelio Luy as member of the Board of Trustees, Local Water Utilities Administration (LWUA)
15. Melzar Pascua Galicia as Commissioner of Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board (HLURB)
16. Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PHIVOLCS) Director Renato Solidum as Department of Science and Technology (DOST) Undersecretary
17. James T. Lao as member of the Board of Governors of the Philippine Red Cross - report from Dexter Ganibe, DZMM