CEBU CITY - A P2.2 million reward has been offered to anyone who can provide information on the ambush that left the husband of a Cebu town mayor and two municipal employees dead last month.
San Fernando Mayor Lakambini Reluya announced the offer on Thursday. The money was raised by Reluya's family and close friends.
Reluya said she will not withdraw her candidacy for the upcoming May midterm elections, adding that the ambush made her even more determined to run for a second term.
She said she is already recuperating from the gunshot wounds she sustained during the ambush but is scheduled to undergo surgery to remove the M16 bullet inside her left arm.
The mayor also admitted that they have yet to choose who will replace her husband to run for vice mayor of San Fernando.