Overheated phone sparks fire in Davao house

Madonna Timbal-Senajon, ABS-CBN News

Posted at Feb 20 2018 08:41 PM

A two-storey house in Remco Village, Upper Malagamot Panacan was burned on Tuesday morning after an overheated phone sparked a fire. Madonna Timbal-Senajon, ABS-CBN News


DAVAO CITY - Fire hit a two-story house in Remco Village, Upper Malagamot, Panacan here Tuesday morning likely due to a mobile phone that overheated while charging. 

Rosemarie Pajo, the owner of the house, said she was washing clothes when she suddenly noticed smoke coming from their living room.

Pajo, who said she left her mobile phone plugged into an electrical outlet in the living room, was surprised to find a huge fire in the area.

Firemen were quick to respond and said the phone might have overheated while it was charging and caused an electrical short circuit.

“Possible nag-overheat ang cellphone na nag-cause ng electrical short circuit,” said Fire Insp. Willy Melodi, station commander of the Panacan Fire Station.

(It's possible that the phone might have overheated, which caused an electrical short circuit.)

No one was reported injured in the incident but the fire caused over P50,000 in damage.