Las Piñas denies hospital lockdown due to China virus patient

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Feb 07 2020 11:44 AM

MANILA — The Las Piñas government denied Thursday that it locked down a hospital in the city supposedly due to a patient infected with the new coronavirus from China.

There is "no truth" to online rumors of the alleged lockdown of the Las Piñas Doctors Hospital, the local government said on Facebook.

"Sa kasalukuyan, wala pang naitatalang kaso ng 2019 nCoV sa Las Piñas. Pinapakiusapan ang lahat na maging responsable sa pagbahagi ng balita sa social media," it added.

(There is no 2019 nCoV case recorded in Las Piñas so far. Everyone is requested to be responsible in sharing news on social media.)

China confirmed up to 630 deaths due to the virus, first detected in Wuhan in the central province of Hubei. The Philippines confirmed 3 cases, including 1 death, all from Wuhan. Manila also banned all inbound travel from China, Macau and Hong Kong.

The Philippines is monitoring 178 people for possible coronavirus infection, including 147 who were admitted in hospitals. Ten others refused to be confined and would be brought to hospitals by policemen on Friday, said Health Secretary Francisco Duque.

The justice department has ordered an investigation into peddlers of false information about the pathogen.