MANILA (UPDATE) - The verified Instagram account of presidential aspirant and former Senator Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr. showed on Friday a video of him being interviewed by veteran journalist Korina Sanchez.
It was posted on the same day as the KBP's "Panata sa Bayan" Presidential Candidates' Forum, which Marcos did not attend due to what his camp said was a conflict in schedule.
The video, available on the account's story, shows a one-on-one interview between Marcos and Sanchez. However, it was not clear whether this video was taken on the same day or time as the KBP forum.
Later in the day, a photo was posted on Sanchez's verified Instagram account, showing her in a kitchen with the former senator.
"Finally, the last of the 5 presidentiables interviewed for our Presidentiables Special on #RatedKorina this weekend, Bongbong Marcos," Sanchez said in the post.
It also teased some of the sample questions the veteran broadcaster asked Marcos during their interview.
- You may swear to the 1987 constitution if you win, a departure from your father’s 1973 Constitution. Mag charter change ka ba?
- Are you a dictator?
- Will your wife Lisa be anything like Imelda Marcos?
- Was history revised because of your trolls?
- How much like your father’s presidency will your presidency be if you win?
- Are you disqualifiable? Handa ka na kapag nanalo ka possible parin you are disqualified and Sara Duterte assumes presidency?
- More than one Marcos in government. Will you support anti-dynasty bills?
- Drugs. Do you do drugs? What will be your policy on drugs and on corruption?
"Patikim lang yan," Sanchez said. "Lahat naman sinagot."
(Just a tease. He answered all the questions.)
Sanchez added that it was Marcos' team that chose the time and date of their shoot.
"We had no choice," Sanchez said.
Marcos is one of the presidential aspirants to be featured in Sanchez's "Upuan sa Katotohanan" special on the broadcaster's "Rated Korina" show. In a statement, Sanchez's camp said that the hour-long episode would veer away from political issues to give a glimpse into the lives of the presidential candidates.
Other presidential hopefuls that will be featured on her show are Panfilo "Ping" Lacson, Manny Pacquiao, Vice President Maria Leonor "Leni" Robredo, and Manila Mayor Francisco "Isko Moreno" Domagoso.
“By design, I really wanted all the candidates to be known, not just for their political platforms or the usual issues, but for their rarely-seen human side as well. After all, they all have families, they all have their favorite pastimes, and most definitely, they know how to laugh and have fun," Sanchez said.
"Upuan sa Katotohanan" on Rated Korina will be shown on Saturday, February 5, on A2Z, the Kapamilya Channel, and TV5. It will also come out on Sunday via OnePH.
- With a report by Jacque Manabat, ABS-CBN News.