MANILA (UPDATE)—A 4.9-magnitude earthquake shook Davao del Sur and nearby provinces on Friday, according to the Phivolcs.
The tectonic tremor struck at 7:18 p.m. approximately 25 kilometers northeast of Digos City with a depth of 28 km.
Areas that felt intensities were:
- Intensity V - Digos City; Matanao, Davao Del Sur
- Intensity IV- Bansalan, Davao Del Sur; Koronadal City and Tupi, South Cotabato; Tulunan, Cotabato
- Intensity III- Alabel, Sarangani;
- Intensity II- Don Carlos, Bukidnon; General Santos City; Kiamba, Sarangani; Matalam, Cotabato
Other places that felt instrumental intensities were:
- Intensity IV - Malungon, Sarangani; Koronadal City and Tupi, South Cotabato
- Intensity III - Alabel, Sarangani; General Santos City
- Intensity II - Kiamba, Sarangani
Shoppers at a mall in Ecoland, Davao City were seen evacuating the building.
The Phivolcs said aftershocks could occur, although damage to structure is not expected. — With a report from Hernel Tocmo, ABS-CBN News