MANILA - The Department of Education will begin its national pre-registration period for incoming kindergarten, grade 1 and grade 11 public school students on Saturday, an official said.
The early registration period is from January 26 to February 22, according to Usec. Annalyn Sevilla, spokesperson of the DepEd.
According to the Basic Education Enrollment Policy signed by Sec. Leonor Briones in 2018, pupils from grades 2-6, 8-10, and 12 are considered "pre-registered."
Learners with no existing profile in DepEd's Learner Information System are to fill out the Basic Education Enrollment Form and submit their birth certificate.
Grades 1, 7, and 11 students who have an existing profile (with a Learner Reference Number) will be tagged as "pre-registered, but will need to update their information by filling out the same form.
Apart from the enrollees' birth certificate, these documents are needed:
- Incoming Grade 1 students who have completed kindergarten programs in DepEd accredited schools and centers: kindergarten certificate of completion
- Incoming Grade 1 students who are 6 years old and above by August 31 and have no completed kindergarten: result of Early Childhood Care and Development (ECCD) Assessment Checklist
- Incoming Grade 1 students who have completed any form of kindergarten program in non-DepEd accredited learning and day-care centers, or home-schooled learners: result of Philippine Educational Placement Test or Philippine Validating Test
- Incoming Grade 7 students who graduated Grade 6: School Form 9 Grade 6 (formerly Form 138)
- Incoming Grade 7 students who passed the Philippine Educational Placement Test or Accreditation and Equivalency Rest: result of the exams
- Incoming Grade 11 students who completed Grade 10: School Form 9 Grade 10 (formerly Form 138)
- Incoming Grade 11 students who passed the Philippine Educational Placement Test or Accreditation and Equivalency Rest: result of the exams
Schools Division Offices were tasked in the same memorandum to identify areas without schools but may have enrollees and the Schools Division Superintendents were told to designate a focal person to work with the concerned barangay chairperson for early registration in the village.