Authorities have yet to deliberate on who will get the P50 million reward money for the capture of the mastermind and gunmen behind the killing of AKO Bicol Party-list Rep. Rodel Batocabe last month, police said Monday.
Police have in their custody 6 gunmen who have accused Daraga Mayor Carlwyn Baldo of hiring them to kill Batocabe, a challenger in his re-election bid in May's polls.
Baldo denied any hand in the Dec. 22 killing, claiming he was being used as "a convenient scapegoat."
Authorities said a former security aide of Baldo participated in planning the killing, but backed out and later gave vital information to investigators.
Investigators will look into who should get the reward money "at the right time" and in coordination with the lawmakers and local officials who raised the bounty, said national police spokesperson Chief Supt. Benigno Durana, Jr.
Police are currently focused on gathering physical evidence to bolster the gunmen's claim against Baldo, he told radio DZMM.
Only one of the 6 gunmen has yet to sign his extrajudicial confession as of early Monday, said Durana.
DZMM, 7 January 2019