MANILA, Philippines – Eight people died due to tropical cyclone "Igme", latest data from the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said.
The NDRRMC said that as of Wednesday morning, three remain missing. Only one got injured, while 7 were rescued at the height of the cyclone's onslaught.
The disaster management agency identified the victims as:
- Michael DC Estacio, 15 (La Union)
- Renante Frigillana, 45 (La Union)
- Patrick Ramilo, 18 (La Union)
- Jimmy Jesus Gapuz, 43 (La Union)
- Michael Suarez Dajoya (Zamboanga del Sur)
- Eyen Tantan Opamin (Zamboanga del Sur)
- Rene Ragasa, 40 (Zamboanga del Sur)
- Jimmy Grimaldo, 51 (Quezon Province)
The NDRRMC said La Union residents Amado Rimando, 49; John Rex Gapuz, 15; and Crisanto Sibayan, 36, remain missing.
At least 31 houses were damaged due to the cyclone in regions 1 and 10.
The NDRRMC said 1,617 people were affected by Igme in hardest-hit La Union.
State weather bureau PAGASA said Igme left the Philippine Area of Responsibility on Tuesday evening after reentering on Monday.
Igme reached the typhoon category. but was downgraded to a storm as it left PAR.