MANILA – The death toll from typhoon "Labuyo" has climbed to 11, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said.
In its 8 a.m. update on Sunday, the NDRRMC said a certain Jun Pestaño of Pangasinan was the latest casualty of the typhoon that hit northern Luzon earlier last week.
Pestaño’s body was found at around 8:50 a.m. on Saturday in Barangay Matic-Matic in Sta. Barbara, Pangasinan.
The number of injured remains at 7, while 3 people remain missing.
Meanwhile, the damage in infrastructure and agriculture in Regions I, II, III, V and CAR is now at P1,418,685,679.59.
As of 8 a.m. Sunday, 25 passengers and one vessel in North Eastern Luzon are still stranded.
Thirteen roads in Regions I, III and CAR are still impassable.
The NDRRMC said a total of 87,579 families or 395,723 persons were affected following the typhoon’s onslaught.
At least 13,714,114.06 worth of financial assistance, medicines and assorted relief goods have been provided to the affected.