MANILA – The Senate is set to investigate the bombing at a restaurant-bar in Cagayan de Oro City that killed 8 people.
Senator Grace Poe, chair of the committee on public order and dangerous drugs, will head the probe--the Senate's first in the 16th Congress--scheduled on Wednesday, August 7.
According to Poe's office, Interior and Local Government Secretary Mar Roxas, Volunteers Against Crime and Corruption Chairman Dante Jimenez, and Mrs. Imelda Agustin, wife of one of the victims, have confirmed their attendance.
The other invited resource persons are:
- Cagayan de Oro City Mayor Oscar Moreno
- Police Chief Dir. Gen. Alan Purisima
- Dir. Alex Paul Monteagudo, PNP director for operations
- Chief Supt. Catalino Rodriguez Jr., regional director
- Chief Supt. Graciano Mijares, CDO police director
- Atty. Leo Olarte, president, Philippine Medical Association
- Dr. Eileen Aniceto, president, Philippine College of Physicians-Northern Mindanao
- Dr. Priscilla Caguioa, president, Philippine College of Physicians
- Alfonso Lim, president and CEO, Limketkai Center
Senator Aquilino Pimentel III, who hails from Cagayan de Oro, called for the investigation in a privilege speech last week, where he condemned the bombing.