Fil-Am suspect in woman's slay flees PH

Raoul Esperas

Posted at Jul 28 2015 06:12 PM | Updated as of Jul 29 2015 07:32 AM

Rape-slay suspect Jonathan Dwayne Ciocon Vianne

MANILA (2nd UPDATE) - A Filipino-American suspect in the killing of a woman from Subic, Zambales fled the country a day after the crime was committed last Saturday.

The suspect, identified as Jonathan Dewayne Ciocon Viane, left the Philippines Sunday morning, according to records from the Bureau of Immigration (BI).

Viane, 29, hails from Anchorage, Alaska.

According to immigration records, the alleged suspect boarded an Eva Air flight bound for the United States via Taipei on Sunday morning.

The flight came less than 24 hours after the murder of Karie Ces "Aika" De Dios Mojica, a 23-year-old resident of Subic, Zambales.

The victim was reported missing on Saturday afternoon after she failed to come home from the birthday party of her best friend Friday evening. Her best friend was Viane's former wife.

The body of the victim was later found dumped at a dike along Sto. Tomas River in San Felipe, Zambales.

Authorities said the victim was choked, shot thrice in the head, and burned.

"Sabi niya sa akin di niya ko iiwan," the victim's grieving father, Joser Mojica, said. "Gusto ko ako yung ililibing nila, hindi sila ang ililibing ko, hindi yung mga anak ko ang ililibing ko."

PERSONAL GRUDGE

Viane was implicated in the crime by his current 17-year-old girlfriend who gave her testimony to Olongapo Police and prosecutor's office. The suspect's girlfriend was also a friend of the victim.

Viane's girlfriend said she was with the victim on Friday evening when Viane texted her, asking that the victim meet with him.

The girlfriend said she even accompanied the victim and saw her get in a silver car with Viane and his friend, identified as Nino Dela Cruz. The car was later recovered by authorities and was found to have blood stains.

Olongapo Mayor Rolen Paulino said murder charges have been filed at the Olongapo Prosecutor's Office against Viane and Dela Cruz.

Paulino has offered a P50,000-reward to anyone who can give information about the whereabouts of Dela Cruz, who was last seen riding a bus along with his family.

Authorities are looking at personal grudge as the motive in the killing, as the victim was supposedly helping her best friend in her child custody case against Viane.

NO COURT ORDER, LOOKOUT BULLETIN ORDER

A letter of request had been sent to the BI and the Department of Justice (DOJ) asking that the suspect be prevented from leaving the country.

Authorities, however, said it seems that the suspect planned his trip ahead of the crime.

Immigration officials said they did not prevent the suspect from leaving the country due to the absence of a legal court order or lookout bulletin order from the DOJ.

Paulino's order was not acted upon immediately because it was a weekend and it was only submitted Monday, when the suspect was already gone.

The body of the victim now lies at a funeral parlor in Olongapo and is scheduled to be cremated. -- With report from Francis Faulve, ABS-CBN News