MANILA - The former live-in partner of an Australian man accused of sexually assaulting Filipino minors, even killing one of his victims, expressed willingness to testify against the suspect.
"Karen" (not her real name), said she is ready to testify against Peter Scully, who is facing human trafficking and rape charges.
She admitted that she helped bring children to Scully. She also admitted knowing that the children were being sexually abused by her former partner.
But she said she could not do anything due to fears that Scully would kill her.
Karen is currently detained at the Cagayan de Oro City jail after being arrested in Barangay Patag in September last year.
Scully escaped when Karen was arrested, but was later captured in Malaybalay City, Bukidnon on February 20.
Four of Scully's victims are now in the custody of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD).
All girls, including a three-year-old who was only a year old when she was molested by the suspect, show signs of trauma.
Scully is also being investigated for the suspected murder of a 12-year-old girl, whom he allegedly strangled and then buried under his rented house in Surigao.
Women's group Gabriela wants Scully to be tried and detained in the Philippines despite the suspect's appeal to face his charges in Australia.
Scully fled from Australia to the Philippines in 2011 to escape fraud charges.
The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) said Scully set up cybersex operations in southern Philippines, using offers of food and money to lure children into having sex with him and then selling the footage on the Internet. -- Report from Rod Bolivar, ABS-CBN News Northern Mindanao; With Agence France-Presse