Overheated doorbell starts Parañaque City fire

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Jan 03 2009 09:20 AM | Updated as of Jan 03 2009 11:52 PM

An overheated doorbell stared a fire that damaged a lawyer's home in Parañaque City, Saturday morning.

Superintendent Manuel Manuel, Parañaque City fire bureau chief, said lawyer Edilberto Gaddi's home at the corner of Kabihasnan and Bonifacio streets went on fire at 6:41 p.m.

Manuel said that based on initial investigations, the fire started from an overheated doorbell inside Gaddi's home.

The fire gutted the first floor of the lawyer's home and reached the second alarm before being pacified at 7:05 a.m.

Manuel said Gaddi and his family were out on a vacation when the fire broke out.

Meanwhile, 50 homes in Barangay San Andres in Cainta, Rizal went up in smoke past midnight Friday.

Senior Fire Officer 2 Rolando Sta. Ana of the Cainta fire bureau said the fire could have been caused by a faulty electrical wiring.

The fire reached the second alarm before being put out around 1:15 a.m. Fire investigators estimated the fire's damage to P5 million.