3 prison guards in Munti sacked
MANILA, Philippines - Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) Director Gaudencio Pangilinan said Rolito Go is considered “officially escaped” for now in the absence of information validating he was abducted.
Three New Bilibid Prison (NBP) officers have already been fired over the incident.
“Officially escaped siya in the absence of other validated info on what really happened but we're investigating,” Pangilinan said.
The Department of Justice confirmed earlier that Go was not within the premises during an accounting of inmates on Wednesday morning.
Missing too is Go’s nurse, who is also his relative. The nurse is with him because of his health condition.
Go’s family believes, however, that they were both abducted.
The family did not grant anymore interviews supposedly because of a ransom negotiation. Go’s abductors are allegedly asking for P1 million.
The government has already tasked the National Bureau of Investigation to look into the whereabouts of Go.
Sacked over the incident are Prison Guard 1 Serafin Geronimo, Go’s custodian; Prison Guard 1 Edgardo Cruz, commander of the guards; and Prison Guard 1 Gabriel Magan, chief of the minimum security compound.
Go was earlier convicted for the death of college student Eldon Maguan in a road rage incident in 1991.
He is now a living out prisoner.
Last year, Go said he was given permission by the Department of Justice (DoJ) and Department of Health (DoH) to leave for medical treatment. He is suffering from colon cancer. – from a report by Anthony Taberna, ABS-CBN News