…even as PNoy's bro-in-law decided not to file case
MANILA, Philippines - The 2 Chinese mediamen who figured in an altercation with the brother-in-law of President Benigno Aquino III has been ordered blacklisted and are now on their way back to Beijing.
In an interview with ANC, Bureau of Immigration intelligence chief Maria Antonette Bucasas-Mangrobang said the “commissioner has ordered their immediate departure as well as their inclusion in the bureau’s blacklist.”
The 2 were part of a contingent from China that is on a familiarization trip to Cebu sponsored by the Department of Tourism.
They were onboard a Cebu Pacific flight on Saturday together with Ballsy Aquino-Cruz and husband Eldon.
Passengers had reprimanded the Chinese passengers for being rowdy. Eldon, who tried to shush them, was later grabbed by his shirt collar.
Despite the altercation, the Cruz couple decided not to pursue charges.
“The commissioner has the authority on the basis of certain acts of foreigners to order their inclusion in the blacklist,” Bucasas-Mangrobang explained.
In a separate interview with ANC, Tourism Secretary Alberto Lim said the 2 had already written an apology to Eldon, which was coursed through formal channels.
Lim said the 2 were immediately brought to the custody of the Chinese embassy. “We also sent our apologies to the couple in behalf of the department.”
Ten other Chinese mediamen were also detained after the incident, but were later allowed to continue with their familiarization trip.
“We’re trying to avoid a national incident…It was just misbehavior on the part of the Chinese nationals,” he said.
He said they were too “overenthusiastic,” not knowing that they were already disturbing some of the passengers.
Palace officials also readily dismissed insinuations that the incident had something to do with the country’s tiff with China over several diplomatic issues.