MANILA - Former police director Eliseo dela Paz has been allowed by the Sandiganbayan 4th Division to attend the wake and burial of his sister from 5 p.m. Friday to 5 p.m. Saturday.
Dela Paz is facing graft and malversation charges before the 4th Division for the alleged fictitious repair of armored vehicles, aside from the "Euro generals" case wherein he allegedly brought excessive funds to Russia during an official trip in 2008.
In its decision, the court said it is allowing Dela Paz to attend the wake and burial of his sister "for humanitarian consideration."
The resolution said Dela Paz is allowed to go to the St. John Bosco Parish Church in Makati City and the Heritage Park in Taguig City.
He should be back in his detention cell not later than 7 p.m. on Saturday, April 11.
Last year, the same court also granted furlough to Dela Paz when his mother died.