MANILA -- President Benigno Aquino III has sworn into office Comelec Commissioner Luie Tito Guia, several Philippine envoys and other Palace executives.
The officials were sworn in Monday morning at Malacañang's Rizal Hall.
Guia was only recently confirmed by the bicameral Commission on Appointments though he actually took office last year, about a month before the midterm elections.
Presidential spokesperson Edwin Lacierda identified those who took their oaths.
"The President began his official week by leading the oath-taking ceremony of the newly appointed and confirmed Philippine ambassadors and agency officials at Malacañan Palace this morning," he said.
Ambassadors Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
1. Mr. Joseph Gerard B. Angeles, Ambassador to the Republic of South Africa with concurrent jurisdiction over the Republic of Angola, Republic of Botswana, Kingdom of Lesotho, Republic of Mozambique, Republic of Namibia, Kingdom of Swaziland, Republic of Zambia, and the Republic of Zimbabwe.
2. Ms. Petronila P. Garcia, Ambassador to Canada
3. Mr. Raul S. Hernandez, Ambassador to the Republic of Korea
Office of the Executive Secretary
4. Eduardo SL. Oban, Jr., Undersecretary
5. Marciano A. Paynor, Jr., Undersecretary
Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA)
6. Amable R. Aguiluz V, Special Envoy
7. Jesus I. Yabes, Undersecretary
Department of Finance (DOF)
8. Jose Emmanuel P. Reverente, Undersecretary
Department of Justice (DOJ)
9. Edwin M. Carillo, Assistant Government Corporate Counsel
Department of Trade and Industry (DTI)
10. Victorio Mario A. Dimagiba, Undersecretary
Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC)
11. Rodolfo D. Isorena, Vice Admiral, Philippine Coast Guard
Department of Energy (DOE)
12. Jose Raymund A. Acol, Assistant Secretary
Presidential Communication Operations Office (PCOO)
13. Jess Anthony Q. Yu, Undersecretary
Commission on Elections (COMELEC)
14. Luie Tito Guia, Commissioner
Of the appointments, Lacierda said: "From appointing officials who we believe will always bear in mind the interest and well-being of our people, to remembering those who have given their lives in service of our nation, the President's activities this week demonstrate the genuine commitment to pursue progress in a forward-thinking and strategic manner, while always taking heed of the lessons of history, cognizant that we stand on the shoulders of those who served before us. Only with such an attitude can we ensure that the positive gains we have made in the past three years and ten months are felt not only by every sector of society, but also by future generations of Filipinos."