Design devotees and the plain curious trooped to the SMX Convention Center to view the latest offerings from local and regional manufacturers at the recently concluded twin exhibitions by Manila FAME and the Philippine International Furniture Show.
Visitors might have missed the spectacular central installations of past shows but there was still much to see and marvel at during the event.
Top shelter magazine ELLE Decoration Philippines takes you on a short tour of the show’s highlights. Photos from suppliers and CITEM.
1. Ina Gaston of Hacienda Crafts keeps the mood tropical with her cluster of mango pendant lights.
2. Stonesets International Inc. exhibited their reimagined classics.
3. The modern yet sumptuous armchairs are from Designs Ligna.
4. Vito Selma keeps it playful with his “Malaya” wooden bird hooks.
5. Elms International’s gorgeous Carabao horn combs with MOP inlay are absolute treasures.
6. Monchet Olives shows Manila how to keep cool, in style.
7. Wataru Sakuma's "Echo lamp" for South Sea Veneer, and "Strata" lamp for CSM Manufacturing beguile with their radiance and shadow patterns.
8. Maria Closa’s arts and antiques drew collectors and the curious.
9. S.C. Vizcarra Home gives native crafts a contemporary twist with a beguiling mix of weaves and colors.
10. Tony Gonales pays tribute to a native fruit with his “Durian” lounge chair.
11. Patty Eustaquio and Trisha de Borja designed brooms that will inspire you to keep things tidy around the house.
12. Jinggoy Buensuceso’s dark and handsome wall lighting fixtures are for those who prefer to keep the mood mysterious and a bit broody.
13. They’re made of resin but they’ll make good company anyway.