Miss Tourism International Angeli Dione Gomez. Photo from Gomez' instagram page.
MANILA – (UPDATED) Angeli Dione Gomez capped a banner year for Filipina beauty queens after she won the Miss Tourism International Crown in a pageant held on New Year's Eve in Putrajaya, Malaysia.
The 20-year-old Cebu native triumphed in the last beauty pageant of the calendar year, beating Thailand’s Sunidporn Srisuwan and Malaysia’s Sarah Czarnuch, who placed second and third, respectively.
“The first thing I plan to do is to meet my family, whom I have not met for about one month, and have a nice breakfast with them tomorrow,” Gomez said.
She is the second Filipina to win the Miss Tourism International crown, after Rizzini Alexis Gomez last year.
Gomez will be "a traveling ambassador in promoting informal international relations between countries to spread the message of peace, goodwill, and friendship," according to pageant organizers.
Her win is the latest in a string of victories for the Philippines in international beauty pageants.
Among the Filipina pageant victors this year are Megan Young (Miss World), Mutya Johanna Datul (Miss Supranational), and Bea Rose Santiago (Miss International).
The Miss Tourism International 2013 pageant and coronation night was held at the Putrajaya Marriott Hotel, in Sepang Utara, Malaysia. A total of 60 candidates from all over the world competed for the crown.
- Miss Tourism International 2013 - Angeli Dione Gomez, Philippines
- 1st Runner-up - Sunidporn Srisuwan, Thailand (Miss Tourism Queen of the Year International
- 2nd Runner up - Sarah Czarnuch, Australia (Miss Tourism Metropolitan 2013)
- 3rd Runner up - Michelle Alexis Torres, Dominican Republic (Miss Tourism Global 2013)
- 4th Runner up - Thaarah Ganesan, Malaysia (Miss Tourism Cosmopolitan)
- Australia - Sarah Czarnuch
- Vietnam - Phan Hoang Thu
- Bosnia & Herzegovina - Aleksandra Kovacevic
- Ukraine - Oleksandra Timonina
- Thailand - Sunidporn Srisuwan
- Portugal - Sara Monica Matias da Silveira
- Zimbabwe - Dananai Ratiozo Chipunza
- Philippines - Angeli Dione Gomez
- Malaysia - Thaarah Ganesan
- Dominican Republic - Michelle Alexis
Miss Tourism International 2013 Special Awards:
- Miss Proton Elegance - Portugal
- Miss Beautiful Skin - Singapore
- Miss Friendship - Uganda
- Best in Talent - Armenia
- Miss Tourism International 2013
- Great Ambassador Award - Hong Kong
- Miss Southeast Asia - Vietnam
- Best National Costume - Mexico
- Miss Beverly Wilshire Gorgeous - Miss Indonesia
- Miss Portrait Queen - Romania
- Miss Focus Point Dazzling - Poland
- Miss Charity Queen - Korea
- Miss KL Sogo Trendsetter - Australia
- Miss Avant Garde i-City - Malaysia
- Miss Poh Kong Glamour - Australia