Herlene Budol withdraws from Miss Planet International, manager says

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Nov 12 2022 12:44 PM | Updated as of Nov 12 2022 03:45 PM

Photo from Herlene Budol's Instagram account.
Photo from Herlene Budol's Instagram account.

MANILA — Binibining Pilipinas 2022 1st runner-up Herlene Budol withdrew from the Miss Planet International pageant, her manager said Friday.

"Due to uncertainties by the organizers, I have decided to withdraw Herlene Hipon Budol from the competition despite numerous attempts to fix some pageants debacles. It seems like the Ugandan Government has no initiative to intervene," Wilbert Tolentino said in a Facebook post.

"We apologize to the supporters, who were rooting for us since day one. To the team, sponsors, and designers. Thank you and I am sorry. Thank you to the Filipino community in Uganda for the comfort and well wishes. Especially to Yiga Ventures, Hassan Yiga (and) Rama-dhan Kimbugwe and his team for protecting and keeping my queen, Herlene, and her team safe," he added.

"For me as, MPP National Director, I am very hurt, Not only we lost a crown, lost of money, lost of effort; but lost of time (but) we will never lose hope because we have a bright future back home awaits. This is indeed a traumatic experience for all of us, but we fought for it until the end. And that is our mission."

Budol fell short of winning a crown in the 2022 Binibining Pilipinas coronation night, as she was named first runner-up aside from winning most of the minor awards. 

Nonetheless, she was chosen to represent the country in Miss Planet International and BPCI has already expressed its full support to Budol’s campaign in the pageant. 

"She is ready to conquer the solar system. Let us all give our support to Herlene on her journey to bring home our first Miss Planet International crown," the organization said last month.

Miss Planet International will be held on November 19 in Kampala, Uganda.

RELATED VIDEO:

Watch more News on iWantTFC