MANILA -- More services of salons and barbershops were allowed by the government's inter-agency task force on coronavirus response, Malacañang said Tuesday as the government sought to help personal care businesses recover from income loss during lockdowns.
Salons and barbershops in general community quarantine areas are allowed to perform all haircutting and hair treatment services, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said.
The operating capacity of such businesses in GCQ areas remains at 30 percent until July 15 but would increase to 50 percent from July 16 onwards.
For barbershops and salons in modified general community quarantine (MGCQ) areas, the following services were allowed by the government:
- All haircutting services
- Hair treatment services
- Nail care services
- Basic facial care (make-up, eyebrow threading, eyelash extension, facial massage)
- Basic personal care services (waxing, threading, shaving, foot spa, hand spa)
Such businesses will be allowed to increase their operating capacity to 75 percent starting July 16 from the prevailing 50 percent, Roque said.
Operators and workers of barbershops and salons must adhere to COVID-19 protocols such as constant hand sanitation, use of sterilized equipment, and the wearing of face masks and face shields.
Barbershops and salons were initially allowed to reopen at a limited capacity last month just as the government began largely easing lockdowns across the country.
Parts of the Philippines that are under GCQ until July 15 are Metro Manila, the provinces of Benguet, Cavite, Rizal, Leyte and Southern Leyte, and the cities of Lapu-Lapu, Mandaue, and Ormoc.
The rest of the country, meanwhile, is under MGCQ, with the exemption of Cebu City which remains under enhanced community quarantine.